Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dilemma of Faith


I have been going to this orphanage for quite sometime now....as most of you might be knowing...teaching the little children there.I have spent some of the most beautiful moments there.But, life, I believe, has its own way of doing things...

Fulfilling our hunger is always our priority, and we are very lucky if we are able to do things beyond this...like dreaming...and that's why I was so happy that those kids have a roof over their heads and bread to eat, so that they could at least see life from a different perspective...

In a police sting operation, the owner and keeper of the orphanage was caught red-handedly trying to sell an infant illegally-huge amounts of money was allegedly being extorted in the disguise of donations...I was speechless...the infant concerned in this case is a 2-week old baby girl, who had been brought to the orphanage after her mother died at child-birth...
Really don't know what to say, or what to do...Heard that, temporarily all donations and supplies to the orphanage have been ceased and that it will be run through a trust...I am not even sure whether I should go there and continue teaching...I just hope that the little ones don't lose hope...
People expect so much from the young generation, not realizing that the elders, in fact, are the guardians of faith, and when they break it, they let us down...
Justice must be done and what awaits the fate of that man, I have no clue. Will his sin of selling lives will weigh heavier against his goodness of sheltering them??I have arrived at a crossroad of faiths...and a bizarre dilemma.

4 comments:

Uma Anandane said...

The first few lines say more abt u and I admire you...well written post

Btw,could you read my post
http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=34845
and vote to support me

Unknown said...

First, its nicely written! Thanks for sharing! I think its important here to post your decision after you made one, with the explanation the inner you gave YOU; and what happened to those innocent childeren afterward! That helps a lot for many other in the same situation as these things are happening all over!

R-A-J said...

wow Dyti, I can see how it must've affected u...must hv really shaken u..sad tht it had2turn the way it did.

But hope tht u do take cheer in da fact tht the issue did come up2light. I always believe tht the plot of life is always a happy ending n if doesn't, thn like the great man says, "Picture abhi baaaki hai merey dost" :)

Well, I've written a post which is up for vote. Do hv a read n do vote for me. The url is:

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=46697

Rock On n do Vote, Dyti.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Dyti Dawn, How you been? IndiBlogger is coming back to Kolkata, our favorite city after very long time. its been 2 years since IndiBloggers last meet And we cant wait to see you thereHave you signed up for Kolkata IndiBlogger Meet If you haven't already, do sign up today, Only 200 seats available. Entry is free with loads of fun. Cheers,
Vineet
IndiBlogger Team