Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Pet

This is a topic of essay writing we often used to encounter during our kindergarten days.Seriously, I don't understand why we were given topics such as this and others like "My best friend", "My favourite teacher" etc, when we understand the importance of these subjects only when we have developed ample amount of sense.

He was a small baby: Kutush, when I first held him in my arms and rubbed his nuzzle against my cheeks.A cute daschund puppy, with a shiny black coat and brown fur on his legs and eyebrows.I had always wanted a pup of my own and in the fall of 2001, when my dad finally complied to my wishes and brought me Kutush, I knew that it was a "love at first sight" case for me.

Prior to his homecoming, I had looked up several English names like "Timothy","Silky" and what not for my new pup.Then when he came, he was named "Kutush" after the pet of my dad's favourite cartoon character "Tin Tin".And I actually found the name quite catchy and interesting.And my o my, what a fuss there was round the house:feeding him, bathing him, taking him for daily exercise and potty and keeping him away from the "out caste" dogs.You should have seen my mom's face when, one day, she found Kutush and me sleeping cosily, cuddled together underneath a "freshly cleaned" blanket.

"A journey had just begun,
My pup in me in a warm embrace.
The sun was to shine forever now
On his bright and happy face."

You think raising a pup is a joke??Huh!!Whether you get to sleep or not, you musn't make a sound when he sleeps.You are eating something delicious and you forgot to share it??Oh my God!!You must face the music now.You must remember to stroke his head,neck and ears several times a day, lest his nails get blunt by too much scratching.Well,your mood is bad??Doesn't matter.Hope you have tendered to the mood swings of the VIP in your house.
Well, jokes apart, Kutush was the darling of the house.He was a member of our family now.It was a joy, hearing him bark around the house.I spent a lot of my free time with him.I know you must have heard it several times, that dog is a man's best friend but seriously, it is hard to understand this fact until one actually experiences this relationship.He wil laugh and jump when you are happy.He will listen to you patiently when you need someone to talk to and he will abet you in all your mischiefs.
"It is always fun,
When you walk by my side.
Just a nudge from you
And I know, there's nothing to hide."


P.S.:To be continued....

5 comments:

Vishnu said...

a woman's best friend here.. n somehow i prefer cats over dogs.. they are more naughtier than dogs.. nice.. awaitin part 2..

n change the comments post from embedded to pop up or another page.. coz email notifications cant be done in embedded posting of comments..

SiMbA tAgO said...

great ... good explanations .... i love dogs too just the fact tat parents don agree to it.. i plan to have one wen i earn ....

n yeah same request .. change the comments type ....

Dyti Dawn said...

hey...thanx so much for all ur comments...hv given the email option but cud not find the "pop up" type option...
will be back wid the nxt part as soon as possible...
till then..happy blogging...

mou said...

i might just change my outlook of 'loving pets from afar' after reading this :P...very nice!

Dyti Dawn said...

@mouli...i will gift u a "cow" as a pet gift...what do u think? :P